Pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Sheol

by Sheol on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Pain

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but my psoriasis hurts physically. I have psoriatic arthritis with mine, and I have a hard time finding relief for the pain, and OTC meds don't help that much. I don't want narcotics, cause then I can't stay awake to study for college.

The only relief I've found is by clipping some of the excess skin off. The psoriasis gets really thick on my knuckles, and it becomes painful to bend my fingers not just from the arthritis, but from the skin not being able to flex with my joints from how thick it is, so I started taking the fingernail clippers and clipping as much excess skin off as I can. It doesn't hurt, cause the skin is dead, and it gives some relief afterwards and improves the range of motion with closing my hands. But then the skin always grows back thicker afterwards.

I've tried stuff to soften the skin but it has never worked for me, even when I stop clipping the skin away when using the cream. Heating wax baths for my hands didn't work either. Any suggestions on how to soothe the pain?

photogra4

by photogra4 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: pain

If you want to try something inexpensive, soak your hands every night in warm water in which you have added half a cup of cider vinegar. After about half an hour rub your hands really vigorously with a terrycloth washrag to remove as much plaque as possible. Pat your hands dry and put a little of your favorite oil on them. I would stay away from anything with scent. I get psoriasis all over that really itches so I do this ritual in the tub and it helps so much. Once you get the plaque off you won't have to do it every night. The acid in the vinegar helps to remove the plaque and seals in the moisture in your skin. The nice thing is that if it doesn't help, you aren't out hundreds of dollars.

jackgoldberg

by jackgoldberg on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Pain

Great Post...

Thanks
Jack
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

helen11

by helen11 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Pain

A lot of testimonies reveal the wonder of virgin coconut oil in curing many bodily problems including psoriasis-related illnesses. You may try it to prove yourself. It might be the answer to your problem.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

4 posts