Havent gone to get my hair cut in over 2 years!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
shubhahp

by shubhahp on Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 am

Havent gone to get my hair cut in over 2 years!

I have severe scalp psoriasis.I need to get my hair cut but am too embarrassed to go to the salon.
What do I do?????:((((

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Fri May 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Havent gone to get my hair cut in over 2 years!

Hello shubhalp

So sorry to hear your problem - I think you need to phone 2 or 3 salons and talk to them over the phone first. Tell them your problem and you may be able to judge how sympathetic they are over the phone - then you can decide if you think they are worth a visit. You need someone who is prepared to understand how you feel.

Not sure if this is of help - but I hope so.

With kind regards

Deborah
Founder
talkhealth
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

pags

by pags on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi,

I know just how you feel I will go ages to before getting my hair done, but I have been lucky and found some one I work with who used to cut hair so she now does mine as I feel comfortable as she also suffers with P from time to time.
Before then I would phone ahead and let them know I have bad scalp P, most salons have T-gel or polytar shampoo but if you use some in particular you can take it with you for them to wash your hair.
also.... have you tried \head and shoulders menthol??? it worked well at clearing my scalp and few years back (not helping for at the min tho)
and....do you ever oil your scalp?? I sometimes put coconut oil on and leave then comb out all my lovely skin flakes....it's messy but feel a bit better for a while!

hope that helps

Silver

by Silver on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:50 pm

shubhahp wrote:I have severe scalp psoriasis.I need to get my hair cut but am too embarrassed to go to the salon.
What do I do?????:((((
Phone around and ask if they have anyone with a knowledge of psoriasis, a good salon would want to employ someone who was trained in scalp problems. just keep asking I am sure you will find one, and when you do, ask if you could come in when it's a quiet time. Good luck.

Sea shanty

by Sea shanty on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I have lived or should I say not lived a great life with Psoriasis for 12 years. Tried everything and worried myself sick with the stuff I was putting on my skin. I attended the clinic before Christmas and got chatting to a fellow sufferer, he said he was there for a particularly nasty stubborn sore that refused to go away. He told me about the new treatment he was using and to be truthful I thought the man was pulling my leg.

He told me about this woman who makes organic Psoriasis treatments and they work. He had really crusty scalp Psoriasis and now he hasn't, he had Psoriasis all over his body but now he just has the scars. He wrote the name of the woman's company and I put it in my pocket. I would really love to thank that guy now and show him my scalp and arms now. The name of the company is HUMANKIND ORGANICS and it's on eBay.

The lovely lady is extremely helpful and she offers a money back guarantee. I can't tell you how it works but it's magic to me and best of all I have my life back, can't believe I trusted doctors when all I had to do was to use natural products I feel cheated! The Psoriasis cream and shampoo smells nice enough (tea tree) and the results are quick too. 10 days for the cream and 3 days for the shampoo but the lady told me it varies from person to person. I think this lady is amazing.

Can't wait for the summer to wear t shirts and shorts and although my barber cut my hair without hesitation I would sit in the chair mortified, I had my haircut Monday and he couldn't believe the crusty sores were gone but best of all he said he couldn't believe the change in me.

Hope you all at least give it a go, you will not believe it I didn't. 4 days that piece of paper stayed in my pocket before I remembered it was there, probably because I thought the man was, well, pulling my leg and his story was really unbelievable. I can honestly say Humankind Organics has literally saved my skin.

5 posts