probelms with yeast intolerance

If you think you suffer with a food intolerance, ask our experts your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
willford

by willford on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 pm

probelms with yeast intolerance

After several years of trying to discover why I get heartburn and bloating I realised bread seemed to be the culprit. I knew there were many additives in many supermarket loaves but through the Real Bread Campaign website found that M&S produced additive free loaves... problem was it still didnt solve the problem.. however I have found that soda bread/farls do not seem to trouble me so I have a view now that the problem may result from yeast.. unfortunately there seems to be huge amount of crap on the internet from organisations and business trying to take advantage of peoples ignorance and concern relating to intolerance/allergy that I just am not sure what to do next.
Can you advise if there is a test for yeast intolerance or can you recommend a diet I can have to avoid or is my GP the first port of call.
willford

Dr Adam Fox

by Dr Adam Fox on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: probelms with yeast intolerance

i am afraid yeast intolerance itself it rather a controversial entity and agree the internet is full of stuff trying to take advantage. Best bet is a careful exclusion with the help of a dietician to see if this really is the answer.
Dr Adam Fox
MA(Hons), MD, MSc, MB, BS, DCH, FRCPCH, FHEA, Dip Allergy

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... am_fox.php

2 posts