1 year old with eczema and dairy, peanut, egg allergy

If you have allergies to several foods then this is the forum to ask our experts your questions.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
RBandCN

by RBandCN on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

1 year old with eczema and dairy, peanut, egg allergy

Our daughter who is just over 12 months old has been diagnosed with moderate to severe excema. Her excema first started around 8 weeks and got progressively worse (she also caught the cold sore virus and was treated in hospital with anti virals). She was breastfeed until she was 7 months old. We found out she had an allergy to diary and is currently on Wysoy powder. The allergy presented itself through further rashes/excema, running nose and streaming eyes with just a drop of the milk. I have heard the protein in Wysoy is very similar to the diary formula, however, my daughter does not react to wysoy as agreesively to diary but could the wysoy be making her excema worse? We have been prescribed hydrolysed formula but she does not take to it at all.

Q1. Do you think I should persist with it to ensure she is not allergic to wysoy?

Q2. We have been described a night sedative Ucerax, however, we have found this makes our daughter hyperactive rather than drowsy. Are there any other night sedatives that could help her with the itch so she can get some sleep.

We have also found out my daughter is allergic to nuts by giving her a dose of vitamin drops that contained peanut oil she wheezed quite badly and did not respond to piriton. The A&E department said that we need a care plan in place and await to hear from the allergy centre. We are awaiting an appointment.

Q3. What care plan should I have in place if my daughter reacts to something. At present we give her 2.5ml of piriton and then go to out of hours doctors – Is this right? Should I push to receive an epipen from the allergy centre?

Q4. What other food could my daughter be possibly allergic to. For example I have read that she could be allergic to some pulses/Lentils as this is a similar protein? I do not want to exclude anything from her diet but I do want to be prepared and know if there are certain foods she could be allergic to.

Q5. Which Allergy Testing would you recommend and why? I do not suffer from any allergies or excema but my husband has mild hayfever but no food allergies or excema.

Q6. I understand there is new research about exposing children with allergies in a medically controlled environment can help with the reduction in the allergic reactions. Are these trails happening within the NHS?

Thank you for taking the time to be involved in this online forum.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:29 am

Re: 1 year old with eczema and dairy, peanut, egg allergy

Hello RBandCN - Dr Adam Fox has answered your question which we posted on your behalf in the dairy allergy section - http://talkhealthpartnership.com/forum/ ... 198&t=2550
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts