Multiple food allergies and toddler-hood

If you have allergies to several foods then this is the forum to ask our experts your questions.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
VMT

by VMT on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Multiple food allergies and toddler-hood

My son is 18 months old and has been diagnosed as having allergies to dairy, egg, peanuts, soya and wheat. I try my best to keep his diet free of all the things he is allergic to. However, he goes to nursery and the other kids have meals containing the foods he is allergic to. There are times when he is back from the nursery and he may be whizzing and having some rashes on his skins. Then I would like to ask if keeping him in a environment that is not allergen free is good for his health. Also if allergic reactions have any relationship with teething or other types of children stress. Thanks.

Dr Adam Fox

by Dr Adam Fox on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Multiple food allergies and toddler-hood

thanks - bear in mind that not all rashes will be due to food and sometimes he will have rashes for other reasons too. It is also very good for his social development to stay in nursery if at all possible so the key is ensuring that all sensible precautions are taken and that there is a clear plan in place in case of severe reactions.
Dr Adam Fox
MA(Hons), MD, MSc, MB, BS, DCH, FRCPCH, FHEA, Dip Allergy

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... am_fox.php

2 posts