Mold allergy

If you have any other allergies that don't fit into any of the other categories above please post your questions here for our experts to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
VintageMom

by VintageMom on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Mold allergy

My three sons and myself have been diagnosed with mold allergies and asked to avoid fermented foods. While researching the GAPS Diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) I read that fermented foods do not in fact have any mold in them, and are recommended to heal/seal the gut and reverse food allergies. What information do you have on food-mold avoidance and the usefulness of fermented foods in healing the gut?

hayleyt

by hayleyt on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Re: Mold allergy

Hi Vintage Mum! I have just started reading the GAPS book - have you found it useful? x

VintageMom

by VintageMom on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: Mold allergy

Well, the theory behind the GAPS protocol sounds great, but I find it hard to follow the diet. The first item one is asked to eat is homemade bone broth, and I am pretty squeamish about cooking with all those bones and strange bits of animals. Eggs, dairy and fermented foods are also major diet items, all of which I am supposed to avoid, according to my allergist. When I tried to follow the diet without these major items, I was hungry all the time, and lasted only a week. (I ate organic beef broth from the store, which might not provide the appropriate nutrients either).

3 posts