Menopause symptoms whilst on HRT!

Post your questions here about the menopause, symptoms, and associated issues.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Misty

by Misty on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Postby Misty on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am
I am posting here out of desperation!

I am currently taking Tridestra,this suits me perfectly for the first 7-8 weeks then overnight I become a totally different person. The night sweats start,agitation,weeping,horrible mood swings and last week I suffered the most awful panic attack during a stressful situation at work.

So I'm getting menopausal symptoms whilst taking HRT!! Out of desperation I missed the last days of estradiol only tablets and started with the combined,all seemed fine for the first few days but now I've just had two sleepless nights,hot sweats and can feel the agitation building.

I have an appointment to see my gynaecologist but that's not until the end of April,sorry to say my GP is mostly clueless regards HRT hence gynae appointment.

My questions are why am I experiencing meno. symptoms when I'm on HRT? ( I have tried other brands Femoston etc but that encourages continual spotting/bleeding) and should I stop altogether until I get advice from my gynae?

Sorry to be so long winded but I feel at my wits end,any advice greatly received.

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Menopause symptoms whilst on HRT!

Why not try a different route of HRT?

Patches, gels etc are often better than tablets.

What about a Mirena IUS combined with estrogen patches? or indeed livial?

In the interim, please either stop the tablets altogether but try not to skip them as this may add to your symptoms......
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

2 posts