end of my tether

Ask our experts your questions about endometriosis here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
beckylou

by beckylou on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

end of my tether

I am a 35 year old woman who was diagnosed with Endometriosis in 2008 after many years of pain and bleeding. An operation to remove deposits seemed to have worked to a great extent until a year ago. In November 2011 I had another operation to findout if the endo had returned. the outcome was that the endo deposits were not active and the scar tissue was not pulling enough to cause the pain. it also said I have an unusual amount of endo deposits on my pelvic floor?? I have been waiting 5 months to get back to the consultant to discuss this. I am still in great deal of pain, back, lower belly, top of legs, one of which goes numb. it hurts when I go to the toilet and after intercourse. I am constantly exhausted and it is affecting all areas of my life. Even walking up the hill has me doubled up in agony and exhausted. My GP has been very patient with me but all she is able to do it give me more painkillers. Can anyone give me any ideas of how i can improve my situation or what i should say to the consultant when I finally get an appointment!!!! :(

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: end of my tether

Before another laparoscopy what about an MRI scan? it can show infiltrating and deep endometriosis

Also make sure that you come away with a clear understanding of the extent of your disease - did they take any photos at the time?
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

2 posts