Pelvic Pain

If you have any women's issues or general gynaecology questions that are not covered in any of the other gynaecology forums below, please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Gerrard123

by Gerrard123 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Pelvic Pain

About 3 months ago, I noticed some very very mild pain low down in my pelvis during sex - nothing that really concerned me and as it didnt happen every time, i thought no more about it. Soon after, I stopped taking the Pill as my husband and I are now trying for a baby. I still noticed the occasional mild pain, but nothing severe. I am not yet pregnant and have had a period in the last few days, but I have noticed that the pain has become increasingly noticeable, again not necessarily during sex, but particularly during my last period. During the normal cramping that I get with each period, the pain has become quite obvious, almost pulsating with the cramping and now, if I gently press on the area I can feel some soreness. It is very low down and slightly to the right hand side.

There is no obvious lump there and I havent experienced any bleeding or discharge with it, though its getting more difficult to tell as my periods have become irrgeular on this last cycle (after 3 months of normal 28 day cycles)

The pain is concerning me more now as it is causing some discomfort if I get up out of a chair to walk around for example, or earlier, I brushed against the bathroom sink and felt it. I had a cyst removed from my breast approx. 2 years ago and the pain is similar - a kind of dullness but sore to the touch. I can occasionally feel it when sitting still doing nothing, but more so when I touch it. Can you help at all?

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Pelvic Pain

I think that you should ask your GP to refer you for a transvaginal ultrasound scan, and then perhaps referall to a gynaecologist as ovarian cysts or endometriosis are possibilities. Your mind could also be put at rest about your fertility in the process....
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

2 posts