pelvic pain and pcos

If you have any women's issues or general gynaecology questions that are not covered in any of the other gynaecology forums below, please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
angelwings

by angelwings on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 pm

pelvic pain and pcos

hi

i'm 22 and i have pcos. and i have a along story which i apologise for. on december 9th i had a gynaecology exam at the hospital because the gp had finally worked out why i couldn't use tampons, i had a septate hymen, that was thick and had 3 tiny holes. after the exam to see if i would need a hymenectomy, i was very sore and it didn't go away so i took a thrush tablet, when that didn't work i went to my gp who said it must be thrush and took a swab test for b.v. which was inconclusive as it was not from the vagina. i treated the thrush with 4 thrush tablets, 2 tube of canesten cream and lots of natural yogurt, which didn't work. i had my hymen broken and partially excised on 12th january because the gynaecologist said there would be less scarring that way. i only had 1 dissolvable stitch and i think i healed ok, but the gyn said i didn't need to see her after the procedure so i don't know.

at the start of february i started getting soreness inside my vagina as well as my vulva and had bad tummy pain which was just above my groin. the gp did an exam and took a swab and urine test. the tests came back normal and the exam was very painful the gp said the worst pain was my cervix. i was crying with the pain of the exam and the dr noticed i'd started having bloody discharge when i'd had no discharge since december. i went back to the dr 2 weeks later my syptoms had not changed except i had had horrible tummy pain in the same location and found what looked like a bit of raw chicken in my vagina, the dr said she'd forward me to the gynaecology department. that was 2 weeks ago and now there is another of those lumps of raw chicken stuff that keeps emerging and retreating from inside my cervix and every time it does this i curl into a little ball of pain for hours. i'm currently taking paracetamol, codeine and naproxen which is not helping.

any ideas what the raw chicken looking stuff is? i've been swab and urine tested 3 times and it's all normal, but could it be an infection? why would my cervix hurt before this started happening? why is my vulva and vagina so sore?

sorry for all the questions, but i'm getting no answers off my gp and this is affecting my life. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: pelvic pain and pcos

Firstly, if you are not sexually active being exmained and swabbed isnt going to help. You need examination under anaesthesia in case of any other problem higher up the vagina, which could be linked to the imperforate hymen. The pain may be a separate issue, and warrants a scan.
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

angelwings

by angelwings on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: pelvic pain and pcos

thank you. i'm a virgin, so no, i'm not sexually active. the gp i'm seeing keeps insisting that a swab test will show if anything is wrong and if it doesn't show anything there mustn't be anything wrong with me. when i see the gynaecologist in a few months time i will ask for a scan, until then i will continue to suffer and take painkillers.

3 posts