periods blues!!!

If you have questions about menstruation/periods, period pains, frequency or infrequency of periods, heavy or light periods etc please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
maria ali

by maria ali on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:48 pm

periods blues!!!

hello, i am a 29 year old female with 2 kids aged 6 and 3. After my second delivery which was a c-section, my periods reduced to 1,2 days . before that i used to have them for 4,5 days. plus discharge is minimal usually. i have gained weight during last one year and my tummy is constantly coming out. from last 3 periods i am noticing blood clots whnever i go to toilet. 10-12 days prior to periods i get swelling on ankles, feel nauseated in mornings to such extent that i feel pregnant, and extremley exhausted. After 1,2 days of my periods i feel well again but that stays only for next 12,15 days. i am not using any oral or other contraceptive or any other medication. please if anyone could help me out as 15 days out 0f 30 a month i have to suffer due to this periods problem :( .
thanks,
maria ali

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: periods blues!!!

Periods often change after certain events... but this is bothering you so I would have your cervix checked out with a smear test and then ask your GP for a transvaginal ultrasound scan. It might be worth going on some form of contraception that supresses your cycle such as the pill, or considering a Mirena IUS.
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

maria ali

by maria ali on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

Re: periods blues!!!

thank you doctor. i have an appointment with my gp today and i hope your suggestion will help.

regards.

3 posts