spotting and bloated mid cycle

If you have questions about menstruation/periods, period pains, frequency or infrequency of periods, heavy or light periods etc please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
ck

by ck on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm

spotting and bloated mid cycle

hi,

i was wondering if you could help. i have endometriosis (mild) and was mostly irregular until a year or so. For 2/3 months i have been getting spotting mid cycle for a good few days. and when i get a shower there is i would say a teaspoon amount it is slightly on my underwear. This is the only time i have experienced this ans last month)its never happened before. i also feel really bloated and have since i have been spotting for 2/3 cycles. i did a pregnancy test last month as i had a period late it took 6/7 weeks (it was negative). i always get a slight spotting before i am due a few days before but never in mid cycle. the bloating is really annoying me know and i dont know if its cause for concern or not. can you please help? the last 2 cycles i have spotted i would say for 5/6 days

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: spotting and bloated mid cycle

It' probabaly related to ovulation - are you on any treatment that would supress ovualtion or supress the endometriosis such as the pill?

If not - it might be worth trying

If you are on the pill, it may be a matter of running the packs together or trying a different brand.

Also - keep up to date with your smears and STD checks!
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

2 posts