Inner Pain

Do you experience pain when having sex? If so, ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:03 pm

by cdisllek on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Inner Pain

Hi there,

I need some advice in regards to pain and pressure that I feel when having sex. I had my daughter 2 yrs ago and everything was fine until about 6 months ago when it started to get more painful and uncomfortable. I also get a strange sensation that air is being pushed up into my anal passage (which I think I happening) as after/during I'm getting wind release. Sound a strange thing to happen but I did have a 3rd degree tear when I had my Daughter I didn't know if this could be a reason behind this as it is scar tissue? Any advice would be gratefully received.


User avatar
Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am

Re: Inner Pain

Quite possible! you've obviously thought it through... I would ask your GP for a referall to the pelvic floor or perineal clinic, or if your NHS hospital doesn't have one, to the urogynaecologist. They will probably want to do tests of your anal sphincter and there's plenty that can be done for this very common type of issue - that few people actually talk about!
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

2 posts