Secondary bone cancer

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Secondary bone cancer

I found out a little while ago that my grandmother has bone cancer. It is secondary from breast cancer 6 years ago so there is nothing they can do to cure it. They can try to slow it down and ease the pain but that's the best they can offer.

We don't yet know how long she has got left and she hasn't decided if she wants to know.

She has just had 3 sessions of radiotherapy but was too ill for the last 2 sessions.

Any advice on what i should look out for with secondary bone cancer to try and make her time as comfortable as possible would be much appreciated.

Salty Bear

by Salty Bear on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Secondary bone cancer

Cancer is a terrible thing and i understand what you are going through. When it is terminal my advice would be that pain and comfort management are the most important thing along with making the most of every good day to do something worthwhile and on the bad days spending time with them doing all you can for them before it's too late. Sorry i can't be more help!

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 am

Re: Secondary bone cancer

Secondary cancer is not curable; but it can often be managed, sometimes for years. I know two people whose bone secondaries are less widespread than they were when they were diagnosed, so their treatment has been successful in managing their cancer.

3 posts