Husband won't visit the doctor

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
JudyJJ

by JudyJJ on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

Husband won't visit the doctor

Hello - I'm Judy - my husband's father has had prostate cancer and I'm concerned it might run in the family. My husband finds he has to go to the toilet frequently and I'm worried this could be the start of something - just looking for a little support and ideas about how I could get him to see the doctor. Thanks.

Julian Reynolds

by Julian Reynolds on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Husband won't visit the doctor

Hi Judy - My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago and I too was concerned that it may run in the family. There can be a number of conditions that can cause frequent urination and at the end of the day if it is prostate cancer the earlier it's caught (as mine was) the better. Also, there is no need to be embarrassed about going to the doctor as they are all so sympathetic and lovely about personal problems like this. If you have any questions whatsoever I would be happy to answer them. many thanks, Julian

JudyJJ

by JudyJJ on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:13 am

Hi Julian

Thanks for your post. You are absolutely right - I showed this post to my husband and I think what you've said has struck a chord. He's agreed to go to the GP so long as I go with him - as you can imagine I'm delighted. Will keep you posted on the news.

Judy

Julian Reynolds

by Julian Reynolds on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Judy - I'm glad I could be of some help. Best wishes to you both.
Julian

4 posts