Curved Penis, an early sign of Peyronie's disease ?

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
Maxzorin

by Maxzorin on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Curved Penis, an early sign of Peyronie's disease ?

I'm in my late-30s and my penis seems to have gotten somewhat curved in recent years. It is also somewhat curved when erect, but without affecting negatively sexual intercourse (at least not yet). I have no pain. Is this an early sign of Peyronie diseases ?

I'm getting increasingly worried about this. It is not so much the aesthetics of it as it is about the fact it seems to worsen with time and I'm getting more and more self-conscious about it. Is this a cause for concern? I hope I'm not infringing any of the forum's policies, but I have attached a picture to illustrate. Does this call for a visit to an urologist ? Please advise.

Max

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Curved Penis, an early sign of Peyronie's disease ?

Hi Maxzorin

Thank you for your post. we would definitely recommend an appointment with your GP to get a proper diagnosis.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Maxzorin

by Maxzorin on Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 pm

For those interested. I went to see an urologist and since there is no pain and no dysfunction, I was told I should not worry too much about it. So it comes down to an aesthetic issue. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about how that side curvature looks. It is pronounced enough that it triggers the odd comment by my partners, but so be it.

M

DrNewman

by DrNewman on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Based on the clinical study published in Journal of Sexual Medicine, May-2019, The use of a penile traction device reduces the need of cycles of collagenase in patients with Peyronie disease, by Dr. García Gómez, Dr. Romero-Otero et al.
The results of the clinical study was: 63 patients were available at the time of the analysis of the data. 4 were lost to follow, so 59 patients received 1 cycle, 41 received 2 cycles, 15 received 3 cycles, and 4 received 4 cycles. Mean curvature at the end of the treatment was 36º with a reduction of -24º (-40%). 15 patients required additional surgical treatment (7 grafting and 8 plication). The mean number of cycles was 2.
The penile traction device used in this study was Andropeyronie, which is FDA approved

DrNewman

by DrNewman on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Endo Pharmacauticals has discontinued XIAFLEX (for peyronie´

Endo Pharmacauticals has discontinued XIAFLEX (Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum ) injection in Australia and Asia, and plans to do the same to whole Europe by the end of 2019. The American laboratory has decided to withdraw it for economic reasons. As a result, the drug is no longer available except in the US and Canada. Now the only treatment options for Peyronie´s disease are surgery or Penile Traction Device (alone or combined with PRP), in the rest of the world. See official letter

http://dupuytrenssociety.blogspot.com/2 ... inued.html

mathiasbergler896

by mathiasbergler896 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm

i am facing the same problem too, please advice

6 posts