Do I have an STD?

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
joemansteve

by joemansteve on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Do I have an STD?

Alright. I’m 23 and a male. Had unprotected sex January 19th, exactly 2 months ago. Next day I had a light red circle on the top lower part of my penis. Looking down at it, it’s right in the middle and an inch or two away from my body at the base. This thing didn’t itch, bleed, or have any effect at all. If I was blind I’d have no clue it’s there. It got redder and redder within a week so I looked some things up. Came to my own conclusion that it was ring worm. Not knowing there were creams at local stores I looked Up home remedies. Apple cider vinegar. Did this for a week or so. Wasn’t getting better. Thought maybe it was friction burn. Started putting lotion on it. It slowly went away. Was gone for a few days and returned. Lotion again until it kept getting worse. Became very concerned and I just started new job so I’m uninsured till April 7. This didn’t matter because i saw siphilis online and became very conserned. Went to urgent care doctor told me it’s ringworm. I said thank you and thank god. Went to store and bought lotrimin. Applied a few times per day and it slowly disappears for the second time. Comes back for a third time. It never 100% disappeared either time but you’d really have to be looking at it to notice. I never stop putting the lotrimin on it and it specifically says for ringworm on there. The third time lasted the longest. About 2 - 3 weeks of it slowly coming then slowly going. Again, all this time it has never itched or had any abnormal characteristics. Just a small (about the size of thumbnail) little scaly, red circular spot. Last night it was the best it’s been in weeks and this morning it’s making a 4th cameo. What the hell is this thing. I haven’t asked the girl anything because it’s just embarrassing. No other symptoms of anything else that I have read online. I could go to planned parenthood but their schedule is my schedule so i would have to take time off. Please let me know if anyone’s got any thoughts on it. Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Re: Do I have an STD?

Hi Joemansteve

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that the ringworm hasn't completely cleared up. Have you tried using a different over the counter medicine such as Mycelex or Miconazole. The recommendations are to use the cream for up to 2-4 weeks after which if it is still showing, you really should see your doctor who may need to prescribe antibiotics. There is also the possibility that it could be something else masquerading as ringworm. We really would recommend you see your doctor.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts