Inconsistent ED?

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
TFAQ1987

by TFAQ1987 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

Inconsistent ED?

Hello,

I'm curious if any doctors are aware of someone like myself experiencing trouble getting and/or maintaining an erection sometimes but not orhers. Some of it i am sure is psychological, but there may be physical issues as well.

Here is my situation. I'm 31 and engaged. Most of the time when masturbating, I'm able to get and sustain an erection just fine, but not always. However, when I'm with my fiance, tgis becomes a much more common problem, especially if i know she is wanting vaginal intercourse. Why? Because for her job she often has to travel to countries where Sharia law still holds sway and I'm terrified of her getting pregnant when we are technically not married yet and I'm not even with her.

Add onto this that i do have anxiety (OCD) and am on medication (fluoxetine)... yeah. I would think it is purely psychological except i do on occasion have issues alone abd sometimes have issues maintining when she is giving ne a hand job unless she goes beyond insanely fast.

So, two questions:

1) Do ED meds work for psychological based ED? Is there a downside to using them on occasion for such a problem? (We both want children... i just don't want to endanger her before marriage because of her travelling, but tryingto go ahead and learn now).

2) Can ED rooted in physical issues be an inconsistent problem? Since i have the same body all the time, i would have thought if physical were the culprit, i would always be impotent instead of only occasionally.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Re: Inconsistent ED?

Hi TFAQ1987

Thank you for your recent post.

It might be best to talk with your doctor who may be able to provide you with specific information that will help especially with the queries regarding the medication you are currently taking.

In the meantime, you could take a look at a recent ask the expert we ran with the Urology Foundation about penis issues. You might find something of interest from one of the experts who took part in this clinic. http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... issues.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts