Concerns about HPV

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
moriarty1989

by moriarty1989 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Concerns about HPV

My ex was diagnosed with non cancerous HPV and got her warts removed. Prior to the surgery we limited ourselves to handjobs only and washed hands with soap before touching the other ones genitals. I never touched the visible warts and only touched the insides of her vagina( which the doctor later on said was wart free). Both of us were virgins. I had No sexual contact whatsoever prior to this. Sometime after the surgery we started having protected sex. I have been analyzing my genitals daily for almost one and a half year now and went to the doctor two times, who didn't find anything concerning. I am not sure whether I have HPV or not or what my next steps should be?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 am

Re: Concerns about HPV

Hi moriarty1989,

Sorry that you are worried about your ex-girlfriends HPV warts passing to you. Unfortunately, we can not give out specific medical advice but would suggest you go to either a walk-in sexual health clinic or another health care provider to get everything checked out and to put your mind at rest. You can do so anonymously if you wish.

You will find the details of your closest STI clinic by either contacting the doctors surgery or looking it up online.

Hope this helps.

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

rnrick1987

by rnrick1987 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Concerns about HPV

Sir, have you asked your doctor about HPV vaccine? or you might not probably fit with the criteria to receive the vaccine. I assume that you dont have much sexual partners before and ask your doctor if you can be considered for the vaccine. Otherwise contact precaution should be observed especially if there is a new growth or lesions that you might suspect with your parner.

Take care.

3 posts