Risk of catching an STI

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Michael450

by Michael450 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Risk of catching an STI

Hi, I'm looking for some advice please. I'm in a committed male-male relationship and I recently had an encounter(ish) with another man on a night out. We kissed and he tried to perform oral sex on me which i stopped. He did however lick my penis once or twice, potentially on the head. Would this present much of a risk for an STI? This was almost 2 weeks ago and I've had severe anxiety / guilt since and feel like I've had dull testicle pain the past few days although have had no other symptoms and worried I'm just being paranoid. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

rnrick1987

by rnrick1987 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:55 am

Re: Risk of catching an STI

hi sir , I understand you are anxious , an oral sex as what you have said, licking is a low risk for acquiring sexually transmitted infection even with HIV, as compared to anal sex or vaginal sex, however i always wanted to emphasize to practice safe sex even with oral sex and to use condoms if you cannot maintain a monogamous relationship or if you have it with strangers. For your peace of mind you can see a physician in your area and he can do some tests for your assurance and to fully evaluate the cause of your testicular pain.

2 posts