Can nervousness cause my erection to go away?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
pajkovic

by pajkovic on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Can nervousness cause my erection to go away?

Hey, I'm 18, not a virgin (even tho I don't even remember half of the night I lost it), but I am very worried. After 2 months me and my girl would try to have sex, but my penis just wouldn't respond. Every other time when we would just cuddle and kiss with a little bit of some more stuff, I get hard like a rock, but when I took her pants off as we were talking if we should do it (because of her sister in the other room), my erection went away. I don't understand, I have no ED, no problem getting it up, but when it should come up for sex, I feel like i just get too nervous and it just goes away or doesn't even go up. What should I do? I really care for her and don't want to lose her, but I am scared that if this continues, it wont be good.

SoCalNative

by SoCalNative on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:13 am

Re: Can nervousness cause my erection to go away?

For the first time in my life, I had this exact same thing happen to me almost exactly a year ago. I was with someone for the first time and I was super nervous. Way too many things going on in my head at the time...will I be any good, can I last, etc, etc. We were just about to start and found myself going soft. The worst part was that she was in top. Having her trying to guide it in while I was going soft added even more to the mental aspect of it all. I was so embarrassed. She handled it a amazingly though. She gave me a second and then tried orally which did the trick. Maybe try something a little different like that before you start and see if that helps?

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Can nervousness cause my erection to go away?

pajkovic wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:04 pm
Hey, I'm 18, not a virgin (even tho I don't even remember half of the night I lost it), but I am very worried. After 2 months me and my girl would try to have sex, but my penis just wouldn't respond. Every other time when we would just cuddle and kiss with a little bit of some more stuff, I get hard like a rock, but when I took her pants off as we were talking if we should do it (because of her sister in the other room), my erection went away. I don't understand, I have no ED, no problem getting it up, but when it should come up for sex, I feel like i just get too nervous and it just goes away or doesn't even go up. What should I do? I really care for her and don't want to lose her, but I am scared that if this continues, it wont be good.
Yes it can. Emotions are important when having sex for both people involved.

3 posts