Performance anxiety leading to delayed ejaculation?

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Shyguy94

by Shyguy94 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:03 am

Performance anxiety leading to delayed ejaculation?

Hi,

So just to get to the point I'm a 25 year old male and I've had performance anxiety for quite a while.
It's more so centered around making sure she has a good time and enjoys herself, which tends to lead to me getting 'stuck' in my own head and loss of enjoyment.
I've been with my current partner for 11months and there's times where I can go days without being able to ejaculate and this includes us going for in excess of an hour.

Sure there's the benefits of the times I do ejaculate after being there for ages, sure there's the benefit that she's always satisfied... But then there's the side where she questions why I haven't been able to orgasm when she has and it seems she doesn't fully understand the problem... Whether I'm in work, in the gym or in bed I'm permanently stuck in my own head.
"How do I do this better?"
"Is this good enough?"
"I need to improve"
The above being an example in what I mean of always being stuck in my head. I've battled with anxiety for some time and inevitably deplete into the 'insignificant' mindset eventually, albeit for a short while.
I guess my desire to live up to or exceed expectation and my expectations of failure are ultimately just diminishing every aspect of my life, one step at a time.

Anyone experienced this and if so, any sucess?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:59 am

Re: Performance anxiety leading to delayed ejaculation?

Hi Shyguy94,

Thank you for posting on the forum and hopefully other members will be able to share similar experiences. We would always suggest you contact your GP if this is continues to worry you and maybe they can refer you to a councellor who can help address your anxiety.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

neiladams2468

by neiladams2468 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 am

Deferred discharge can result from meds, certain interminable wellbeing conditions, and medical procedures. Or on the other hand, it may be brought about by substance abuse or a psychological well-being concern, for example, wretchedness, uneasiness, or stress. Much of the time, it is because of a mix of physical and mental concerns.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Shyguy94 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:03 am
Hi,

So just to get to the point I'm a 25 year old male and I've had performance anxiety for quite a while.
It's more so centered around making sure she has a good time and enjoys herself, which tends to lead to me getting 'stuck' in my own head and loss of enjoyment.
I've been with my current partner for 11months and there's times where I can go days without being able to ejaculate and this includes us going for in excess of an hour.

Sure there's the benefits of the times I do ejaculate after being there for ages, sure there's the benefit that she's always satisfied... But then there's the side where she questions why I haven't been able to orgasm when she has and it seems she doesn't fully understand the problem... Whether I'm in work, in the gym or in bed I'm permanently stuck in my own head.
"How do I do this better?"
"Is this good enough?"
"I need to improve"
The above being an example in what I mean of always being stuck in my head. I've battled with anxiety for some time and inevitably deplete into the 'insignificant' mindset eventually, albeit for a short while.
I guess my desire to live up to or exceed expectation and my expectations of failure are ultimately just diminishing every aspect of my life, one step at a time.

Anyone experienced this and if so, any sucess?
This is one of the many bad things anxiety does, it effects emotions, and emotions are important in sex. An example is women will not be turned on, if upset, angry or bored. during sex. It goes for men too. I think you should do lots of foreplay before inserting penis into vagina.

4 posts