HERPES - GENITALIA

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
dranzer01

by dranzer01 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:49 pm

HERPES - GENITALIA

A girl I know told me she has herpes (genitalia) not the lip one - she said if its managed right, she is fine, no flare ups etc etc...

Now I am sceptical to re-encounter said female due to own ignorance of not fully knowing herpes HSV 1 AND 2 and how it can implicate myself....

She said 'most people that do their own research are fine with it' etc etc -

to be honest, it sounds she is managing it very very well and has the research behind her... Im just thinking about things like 'kissing/sharing a cigarette' and things like that...

Id appreciate ANY help or insights on this....!!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:33 pm

Re: HERPES - GENITALIA

Hello - there is a lot of information out there around herpes - we do have a blog about it here https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/b ... al-herpes/ around effective treatment. You are right though to challenge to make sure you understand properly as it's your health that may be at risk.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Re: HERPES - GENITALIA

dranzer01 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:49 pm
A girl I know told me she has herpes (genitalia) not the lip one - she said if its managed right, she is fine, no flare ups etc etc...

Now I am sceptical to re-encounter said female due to own ignorance of not fully knowing herpes HSV 1 AND 2 and how it can implicate myself....

She said 'most people that do their own research are fine with it' etc etc -

to be honest, it sounds she is managing it very very well and has the research behind her... Im just thinking about things like 'kissing/sharing a cigarette' and things like that...

Id appreciate ANY help or insights on this....!!
Honestly herpes is not like a cold. I do not think kissing or foreplay can make there be a contraction. Genital infections are not the same as normal infections in the way contact forms them. I suppose it has to do with genitals. So giving oral sex and pass it on, or anal sex. Kissing does not pass it on. In any case i think you should speak to your doctor. Herpes is a easy to find sexual infection.

3 posts