Possible Pregnancy

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Star2001

by Star2001 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 am

Possible Pregnancy

So me and my girlfriend had sex while she was on her period and she is also on birth control so should I be worried about her getting pregnant?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Possible Pregnancy

I'd advise - no matter the time of the month for your girlfriend - you use contraception. It doesn't have to be condoms but maybe the birth control pill, sponges: even the female condom.

Unfortunately - not a word I am using nastily - getting pregnant is always a possibility when contraception isn't used. Also, do NOT use the pull-out "method", either: I write this because so many girls and women have gotten pregnant from this "method". Millions of sperm is released BEFORE that moment. Yes: really. The sperm doesn't only come out once when you ejaculate: it comes out beforehand, too.

Anyway, you might be lucky this time but you won't be next time. If you're unsure about contraception, don't be afraid to discuss it with your girlfriend. If you're mature enough to be a sexual relationship, you're mature enough to talk about your contraception choices with your girlfriend. Don't be embarrassed if you're ignorant about such matters. Your girlfriend won't laugh at you or look down on you for being honest. If she did, she wouldn't be very mature herself. If you want to prevent pregancy at this stage of your lives, you MUST talk about contraception with her.

niloyev816

by niloyev816 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Typically, the concern over unprotected intercourse during menstruation is unfounded. But there is always a chance that a woman can conceive during that time. If the menstrual flow is heavy, there could be more risk of pregnancy because the blood is a medium for sperm to reach the egg. The pill does not protect you from STDs, so if you are engaging in intercourse with a new partner, use protection.

Sperm may appear to be inactive, but this is not the case. So if you have *** with a woman who has a lot of blood present in her ******, then there is nothing stopping the sperm from swimming into the womb and finding an egg.

unlocker

by unlocker on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 pm

niloyev816 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 pm
Typically, the concern over unprotected intercourse during menstruation is unfounded. But there is always a chance that a woman can conceive during that time. If the menstrual flow is heavy, there could be more risk of pregnancy because the blood is a medium for sperm to reach the egg. The pill does not protect you from STD's, so if you are engaging in intercourse with a new partner, use protection.

Sperm may appear to be inactive, but this is not the case. So if you have *** with a woman who has a lot of blood present in her ******, then there is nothing stopping the sperm from swimming into the womb and finding an egg.
i totally agree with that

4 posts