Hard/Flaccid? Pudendal Neuralgia? Or something else?

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
james35699

by james35699 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Hard/Flaccid? Pudendal Neuralgia? Or something else?

Hi all,
I need some help from other guys who've experienced what I'm going through or someone who knows what they're talking about.

In January this year I began to feel pain in my penis from the base to the tip. It started off fairly mild but within the space of a few weeks, became unbearable. The pain also spread to my testicles. I began experiencing erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, pain upon ejaculation and my penis when flaccid appeared very small, shrunken and almost of a rubbery texture. It was cold and hard to the touch.

After another six weeks my pain worsened even more and I began to feel pain in my lower abdomen/upper right pelvic region. Almost like a prickling sensation that was very sensitive to touch.

This lasted for a few months until this summer when things slowly eased up and I got about 90% better. I began to see a pelvic floor physiotherapist who gave me some simple stretches to do on a daily basis. I was able to return to work, my penis returned to it's normal state and I was almost pain free (some days better than others)

Then within the last 7 days alone, despite doing my daily stretches and doing everything I had been doing to keep fit, healthy and active, my pain has returned very severely.

I'm currently experiencing extreme pain in my penis (specifically the head/tip). My penis appears a lot smaller and narrower (like it has cramped up) again. I cannot get a full erection (only about 70% hard) and ejaculate within seconds. I have pain in my tailbone and lower abdomen which is shooting down my left leg into my right foot. I cannot sit still. Standing up and lying down aren't too bad but sitting is incredibly painful.

I have had urinary and blood tests and they all came back clear. I have had numerous ultrasound scans and MRI scans and nothing has shown up. I've also had a prostate exam and was told everything seemed normal.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be? I understand chronic pelvic pain can be an umbrella term. Is this hard/flaccid? Pundendal neuralgia? I'm at my wits end now and severely depressed because of this. I'm in desperate need of help and my GP isn't doing much to help as they do not understand much about men's pelvic pain.