Vasectomy and a question on PE

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
My_UserName

by My_UserName on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:04 pm

Vasectomy and a question on PE

Hi all. I'm a 45 year old male, and my wife is almost 52. This is a two-parter.

Our primary form of birth control is condoms. We have been using them for years.

We have a teenager, and we don't plan on having any more kids. We're done.

If my wife isn't on the verge of perimenopause, she may be in perimenopause. But a woman can STILL get pregnant while she's in perimenopause.

And we really don't know how much longer that's gonna last.

So my first question is: Have any of you ever had a "no scalpel" vasectomy? I want to talk to my wife about me getting one (I don't think she'll be agreeable to it until COVID cases are down where I am), and I was wondering what your experience with it was like. How was the procedure? How long was your recovery time? How long until you were "clear"?

My second question involves duration of intercourse. I think this might be PE (and I don't know if it's related to anything underlying or not), but is there a way I can increase duration? Sometimes it feels like I only last about 30 seconds. It's very inconsistent.

It seems like, earlier in our marriage, I'd last longer before orgasm. We were having intercourse more often early in our marriage (almost daily) because we were trying to conceive. And even during her pregnancy we had frequent intercourse. I'd just ideally want to be able to last longer without using some kind of "numbing" agent.

Thoughts? Comments?