Hair Loss Journey

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
fedupwithmickeytaking45

by fedupwithmickeytaking45 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Hair Loss Journey

Hello All

So i thought id let you into my hair loss journey, as ive found this website to be really helpful in answering questions and putting me in touch with others who have similar problems with hair loss.

Im 45 and have had a comb-over which i stick down with hairspray for the last 4 years, everyone winds me up - my mates, wife etc - by saying I look silly but they dont get it, its horrid losing your hair (mine is thinning on top and the fringe has receded and disappeared somewhat!) and it makes me feel really depressed... i originally came on here to get some reassurance but ive got so much more than that... ive signed up for the myhairloss programme which is really good and getting involved in posting on these forums has also helped.
My goal is to be less self-conscious about my hair loss and get people to see past my comb-over.... i think its like a crutch that im holding on to, but im starting to feel like i may need to get it cut off ( shaved head look?) ....

I would really like to know has anyone else had the same issues and have they gone for the full short hair shave? I think it may make me look better...?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Hair Loss Journey

Hi fedupwithmickeytaking45

Thank you for your recent post. We are glad you are finding our site helpful, thank you for your comments.

A few weeks ago we ran an online clinic with the British Skin Foundation relating to hairloss, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... cia_19.php, we've posted the link for you to see the sorts of questions asked and answered which you may also find helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts