Recent Diagnosis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Alex170984

by Alex170984 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:13 am

Recent Diagnosis

Hi,

My name is Alex, im 33 and I've recently been diagnosed as infertile.

I have had blood tests to determine that I have the XXY chromosome which means I have klinefelter syndrome and I am also a carrier of cystic fibrosis.

My wife and I had been trying to conceive with no luck since last May, so we decided in January to have some tests carried out. We had to down the private route as there is no funding in the Basildon district of Essex.

On Wednesday this week I had SSR carried out as my bloods for my testosterone and hormone levels came back normal, I was told there was a slight chance that surgical sperm retrieval was possible. Any chance is a chance, so I had the operator. It was unsuccessful.

Has anyone had this recently and can any suggest ways in which I can come to terms with this issue? Obviously donor sperm is now an option, however, my self esteem has been destroyed and I feel completely useless and less of a man.

Thank you for reading.
Alex

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Re: Recent Diagnosis

Hello Alex170984 and thank you for taking the time to post in the forum.

Sorry to see no one with any experience has posted in the forum. Hope things are moving forward positively for you - let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts