Semen test results-please help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
river123

by river123 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Semen test results-please help

Hi

My husband [who also has a small variocele] and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years. I have been pregnant twice but they both ended in miscarriages.

I have had tests and everything is fine so the doctor said my husband should have a semen analysis done just to be sure, although he said it should be fine as I am able to conceive.

So the results came back and reception told us the results were satisfactory. Regardless we wanted them explained and printed so we booked an appointment to see the doctor.

He told us that this was an error and in fact they were NOT satisfactory!!! Obviously really annoyed and emotional. He said count was fine but motility was not and the sample was insufficient to analyse morphology. He needs to do another test to compare.

So here's the breakdown;

Appearance-will be filed as 741..00 Faeces examination[WHY IS THIS IN THE RESULTS?!]-general Normal

Semen sample volume-3.0 mL

Total sperm count- 37 10*6/mL [doctor said this is normal should be from 15]

Sperm motility-6% [not good should be from 40%]

Morphology [normal forms] will be filed as 4956.00 sperm morphology Insufficient for analysis

Another test will be done but my question is; it possible motility may be higher in the next test? Why do the results mention Faeces?! The doctor said morphology results might indicated why I have been miscarrying.
Any input would be great because it will be about 3 weeks until the 2nd results are in, so I am going a bit crazy at the moment! Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 am

Re: Semen test results-please help

Hello river123 and thank you for posting in our forums.

Really sorry to hear your story .... I hope some of our visitors to the forum may be able to offer you some guidance.

I know it's a long way off but we are running an online clinic on men's health later this year. At that time we will have a panel of medical experts on hand to answer questions.

Keep in touch.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

kumar0_0amit

by kumar0_0amit on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Semen test results-please help

Felt very sorry for your husband but don't break down here because life has no end change your test center and consult somewhere else hope positively for you thanking you .

3 posts