Hard lump in muscle area after injury...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
bmwe9coupe

by bmwe9coupe on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Hard lump in muscle area after injury...

Okay, I wish I could sound more sports-like with my injury but I actually injured my left shoulder getting out of bed! After all the years of playing sports this is probably the worst injury I've had. I've been lucky. I rolled over on the left side and pushed with my left arm and shoulder to get up and the muscle that runs from the side of my neck to the top of my arm ripped. There was no doubt about it, it felt like the muscle was pulling off of the top of my shoulder and it hurt A LOT. I didn't see a doctor and just kind of took it easy, a little ice but never enough, time went on. About six months later now and I'm still stiff and sore from time to time, but within the last few days I noticed a dime-sized very hard lump at the base of my neck. It feels like it's in the muscle and doesn't hurt but it's a little unnerving so to speak.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm giving it a couple days to see if it changes at all and then I'll see a doctor.

Thanks for reading,
Dan

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 am

Re: Hard lump in muscle area after injury...

Dan - very sorry to hear of your injury - its always the simple things that seem to cause the most problem. We would certainly suggest that you to go see a doctor to get professional advice as to whether the lump is connected to some type of bruise for example experienced after the fall. Wishing you well. Worth looking at this NHS advice
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts