Thigh muscle weakness

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Wippydee

by Wippydee on Thu May 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Thigh muscle weakness

For a few months now I have been experiencing a weakness in my thigh muscles. Sometimes I have to use my arms/hands to push me up from a seated position as my thigh muscles do not appear to be able to do this independently. My GP sent me for blood tests and thankfully nothing untoward was detected. However this does not help my condition or get to the cause of my thigh muscle weakness. I have no weakness in any of my other muscles. My GP has however advised me to stop taking my statin for a month to see of this improves my condition. If no improvement is forthcoming my GP has suggested further neurological tests?...... although at this stage I have no idea what these tests might be. Would you be able to enlighten me at all please?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Re: Thigh muscle weakness

Welcome to the talkmenshealth forum,

Thank you for posting your question here. We are not medically trained so are unable to give medical advise. Hopefully other members in the forum may be able to offer advice based on their experiences.

We have blog posts that may be interesting for you, here is the link to our blog section-
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/

On the right hand side of the blog thread you can filter by conditon/topic.

Let me know if you find anything useful and I hope our members can share some support also.

Best wishes
Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

HerbertSwa

by HerbertSwa on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:40 am

It looks like your problem needs a comprehensive approach. You surely can gather all the information you need, but it 's better to consult with a proper doctor.

Thanks! Stay healthy!

Jack_Ray

by Jack_Ray on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 am

Though I am not a doctor, but based on my relative's experience,I think it can be related to nervous system disorder.Neurological examination helps in finding nervous system related abnormalities.Generally,it is not a pain full process.

Best wishes!

andrewwood

by andrewwood on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:17 am

Although, I am not a doctor normally muscle weakness occurs when your efforts don’t produce a normal muscle contraction or movement. In that case, your doctor may ask about other symptoms or medical history of your family. If needed, they ask for neurological or nerve tests for how well your nerves are working.

Best wishes!

5 posts