What to expect on my first Dermatologist appointment ?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
Daniel_Burgess1981

by Daniel_Burgess1981 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:50 pm

What to expect on my first Dermatologist appointment ?

I am new to this forum so I am not sure on the correct & exact place to place this post

Recently I had a really bad all over body itching problem was mainly worst on my back so of course naturally I went to check my back in the mirror not that you can see much because its my back

but I saw I had what look like normal regular spots & freckles whatever you want to call them so I went to my GP to get them checked to make sure there not linked with this itching issue which I believe I have stopped with improved hygiene it seems to have gone so far

all my Gp said at the time (without sounding concerned) she said there was one on my back that is a normal color but a funny shape so she has referred me to a dermatologist appointment for this Monday coming up so I am having to wait about 2 weeks so of course so far during this time I have been worrying & stressing a lot even though I should not be but I understand that this is only normal but I cant help myself annoying the anxiety/stress most of the time giving me that feeling in pit of your stomach like you have done something wrong that kind of feeling

What can I expect to happen on my very first appointment what will they say & do etc ?

doe's not help the stress while at same last several morning I get up my ears are feeling bunged up & hearing muffled might be stress because of the wait or something else but I am getting that checked out tomorrow