Not sure what this is?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Winglets

by Winglets on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 am

Not sure what this is?

I'm 34, male, 6ft2, healthy weight etc. and no known conditions, i.e.non diabetic. I am taking mirtazipine for the last 2 months. I have a close direct relative, father, who has diabetes type 2 (diagnosed in mid 50s).

The last 2 weeks or so I've woken up in the early morning (range from 230am - 6am) and had this strange but slight sensation that I need to pee. I awake to find I have it and then can't get back to sleep. I'm wide awake. However it definitely isn't a strong, intense, desperate urge but rather just a slight awareness if that makes sense which is why I don't even need to pee so I never actually go straight away and sometimes don't go at all until later in the morning.

What's even more odd is that this never happens at any other time of the day or night. I have no other symptoms, no burning, no pain, normal urine frequency. I'm fine, my usual self at all other times and can go about my normal day, however this is affecting my sleep now. Possibly a slightly dry mouth the moment I wake but that soon disappears. I had an urinalysis done two weeks which came back normal. I'll go and get my prostate checked next week but any idea what this could be? I feel if something disturbs your usual sleep pattern then something isn't quite right.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:41 am

Re: Not sure what this is?

Hello - and thanks for posting. Did you see your doctor and if so, what did he/she say?
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts