My mood swings

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Darth_73

by Darth_73 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:28 am

My mood swings

So I'm going to jump right in here. First post .
I'm 46 years old . We have 3 kids , 7 girl , 4 boy , and almost 3 boy .
Stable employment, common law stays home with the kids . I'm a little overweight, I smoke . I go through serious mood swings . Once something sets me off , it's really hard to come back to normal . This has been happening a lot lately . I was never this way before . I know my testosterone levels are below normal . Would this have something to do with it ? Getting older kinda sucks . I'm noticing it more this year . Is this normal progression for mid aged males ? I feel kinda lost .

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:53 am

Re: My mood swings

Hi Darth_73,

Welcome to talkhealth and thank you for your post.

Please find some information here from the UK's National Health Service that could be helpful and which provides an insight into possible reasons for your mood swings:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/male-menopause/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Re: My mood swings

You must be proud of yourself for wanting to ease these mood swings. I don't mean to sound patronising, though. You're being very honest about what you're feeling. I know it is tough for your family, too. BUT you can still lean on them and talk to them about your mood swings. They will be glad you're being honest with them. But I am not saying you are asking for pity. Everyone has problems with their mental well-being sometimes. Your family will support you, no doubt.

Talk to your doctor and see what he [I assume you'll see a male doctor] says and advises. Again, though, you are obviously a decent person who doesn't want to hurt anyone. Your mood swings are hard on you, too. There must be underlying reasons for them. Definitely talk to your doctor and get the support from your family, too. They won't judge you for being honest with them. In fact, it could ease tension in your household.

3 posts