Effective Workouts -- Weightlifting and DDP Yoga, thoughts...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
My_UserName

by My_UserName on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Effective Workouts -- Weightlifting and DDP Yoga, thoughts...

I'm out of practice, but I need to get back into my DDPYoga. I'm planning on starting that this week or next. I'm probably going to start back with the fat burner workout then move on to the strength builder, and maybe in a few weeks start throwing in "Diamond Cutter" workouts and the knee, back, and hip workouts.

But I've decided to incorporate some weight training into my workout schedule as well. I own the book "The Art of Expressing the Human Body".

In it, is a bodybuilding workout allegedly done by Bruce Lee way back when. I know the science of weight training has advanced a lot since then, but I want to know if this might be an effective workout for toning up and losing fat, and maybe getting some definition. It's in the book as the "Bodybuilding" workout:

Squats, 3 x 10, 90-95 pounds
French Press, 4 x 6, 60 pounds
Incline Curl, 4 x 6, 35 pounds
Concentration Curl, 4 x 6, 35 pounds
Push ups, 3 x 10, (the book says to use 70 pounds, but I have a modified push-up I am considering)
Barbell Curls, 3 x 8, 70 pounds
Tricep Stretch, 3 x 8, 5 pounds
Reverse Barbell Curl, 4 x 6, 60 pounds
Wrist Curls, 4 sets to failure, weight unknown.
Reverse Wrist Curls, 4 sets to failure, 10 pounds
Calf Raises, 5 x 20

The one thing I don't see is abs. I'm not sure how I can incorporate an abs workout.

I'm also wondering how often I should do this workout. I was thinking of starting off with it a couple of times a week, but I want to make sure I also have days for my DDPY and other things I might want to do (family time, etc). I'll do it more if time permits.

Right now I weigh around 220 pounds, but if I lose the fat and gain muscle, getting myself down to 190 or 200 wouldn't be bad, as long as it's a healthy weight.

Does the workout above seem effective? Thoughts?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:40 am

Re: Effective Workouts -- Weightlifting and DDP Yoga, thoughts...

You are obviously motivated to lose weight: your exercise routine sounds right. Stick with it and you'll lose any extra weight.

I do wish I were as motivated: I am not lazy and am active, but your exercise routine sounds like something I should do. I'd LOVE to have more defined muscles and much more energy.

Anyhow, stick with it! Even after you lose the weight: you wouldn't want the weight coming back for obvious reasons.

My_UserName

by My_UserName on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:05 pm

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:40 am
I do wish I were as motivated: I am not lazy and am active, but your exercise routine sounds like something I should do. I'd LOVE to have more defined muscles and much more energy.
Seriously...look into DDPYoga...give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:23 am

The first time I am listening to DDY Yoga, i will try.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:50 pm

My_UserName wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:05 pm
MissCandyGirl wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:40 am

Seriously...look into DDPYoga...give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.
I have tried yoga: and LOVE it. It isn't easy like some people assume it to be. In fact, you get very hot and sweaty when doing yoga!

I may well start doing yoga class again!

5 posts