Suspicious mole?

If you have moles and blemishes you are concerned about or have had moles or blemishes treated/removed please ask our experts your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Poppy9

by Poppy9 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Suspicious mole?

I have always had a mole on my inner thigh, which over the last couple of years has got bigger (not so much raised, just wider). I noticed a couple of months ago that it had scabbed over, possibly because I had caught it without noticing. I didn't really think too much of it but recently it happened again and once the scab came off I noticed the inner centre became a pale pink colour. I haven't been to the doctors about it as it is in a really awkward/slightly embarrassing place.

Thanks

wawy

by wawy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Re: Suspicious mole?

Hi, how are you everyone?

I have suspicious mole on my left forehand. It is about 5-6mm on diameter and has two colors. Brownish and dark brown. It seems to be dry on touch and shiny. I have plenty of moles around all my body. I am a bit worried about it. Can you tell me please where can I find some advice?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello wawy and poppy9. Thank you both for posting in our online clinc on skin cancer and sun safety due to open from 16-22 May 2012.

If you are at all concerned about the suspicious moles you both describe, and do not want to wait another few weeks for our experts to be available to answer your questions, please do go and see your GP to put your minds at rest.

Also if you visit the charites skcin and Factor 50 they may be able to help you in the short term. You can find out more information about both charities by clicking on the logos at the top of this page.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Dr_Andrew_Wright

by Dr_Andrew_Wright on Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 am

I think if there is any suggestoin of a mole changing shape size or colour then you bneed to get it reviewed by a health care professional
Dr Andrew Wright
Consultant Dermatologist

4 posts