Acai berry diet. Should I try it?

If you have general questions about weight that are not covered by any of the forums listed, please post them here for our experts to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
KayCee

by KayCee on Tue May 29, 2012 5:39 am

Acai berry diet. Should I try it?

I'm obese and I really really really want to loose the weight. I've read about the acai berry diet and i want to know if this is a good idea. Will it help me to loose the weight, and if it does, when you stop taking it, will all the weight pile back on again? Please help.

Lisa Holmes

by Lisa Holmes on Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Acai berry diet. Should I try it?

Hello, this diet supplement will vary hugely in the amount of berry available in different supplements and is likely to not deliver the results you are after without changing your diet, exercise regimes and lifestyle to promote weight loss. So I would advise going for the diet, exercise and lifestyle and leaving the supplement and saving yourself the money!
Lisa Holmes
Dietitian
Freelance

Jenny Radcliffe

by Jenny Radcliffe on Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Acai berry diet. Should I try it?

I would definately agree with Lisa. There is no magical supplement that offers easy weight loss. Think about making small realistic and sustainable changes to your eating habits and physical activity levels. Keep a food diary, turn off the TV when eating, use a smaller plate, eat slowly and thoughtfully. In the long term these small changes will have a greater effect on your weight and health than any supplement.
Jenny Radcliffe
Consultant Clinical Health Psychologist

3 posts