18 month baby covered in eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Buzz0987

by Buzz0987 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:10 pm

18 month baby covered in eczema

Hiya!

Where do I start??! My youngest child has severe exzema and allergies (milk nuts soya eggs) but as strict as we are with what he has his skin is so sore. His in skinnies suits which at first were fantastic but now 🤷‍♀️

We’re under fantastic consultations but there just never any answers. His skin is red raw. Usually I stick a smile on my face as his suffering a lot more than me and is still smiley but today I just feel helpless and so down. His scratching through even with hands covered.

Sorry if this is not what I should be posting but just fed up of no one understanding that no we can’t just go out to the park ect and it’s not just a case of tell him no scratching as he don’t understand that! His itchy bless him.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:57 pm

Re: 18 month baby covered in eczema

I totally understand and get everything that you're saying, including the child being happy but you know that the skin is so wrong. I'm not sure how I can help you because if you're under fantastic doctors' care, then you'd already know the basic skincare and tips. Let me know what other questions you have? But getting you is 100%, xo
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 am

Triggers vary and can be difficult to identify, but can include certain foods, pollens, or lotions. Caregivers can manage toddler eczema by taking steps to avoid flare-ups, keeping skin moisturized, and preventing damage from scratching.

teresabuchanan

by teresabuchanan on Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:47 am

My daughter got bad eczema when she started on solid foods and Foderma Baby Eczema Serum works well. We are vigilant with applying it and try to keep her from scratching. I tried other more expensive brands but didn’t see any difference when using this and couldn’t justify the cost since we go through it quickly.

4 posts