Washing

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
rosie0891

by rosie0891 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Washing

Hello everyone, it's my first time here and I'm so "glad" to see I'm not alone in this struggle. I just wondered if anyone had any tips for me, I have a 7 year old son whose had excema since he was 3 months old. Up until about 2 years ago I was washing him with emulsifier but now I wash him with dermal. I don't use it on his face, I just use a wet flannel around his eyes, mouth, nose, neck and ears. For a couple of months now, ive noticed that after about 2 mins of taking him from the bath he goes absolutely crazy on his face and starts scratching it so badly even using a towel (I think as it's rougher)now I do pat his body dry and always cream his face first and work my way down but he still continues to scratch until i have to phsically hold his hands to stop him making it bleed. I just wanted to know if anyone else had any techniques they use that might help. Thanku in advance

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Washing

Oh dear, sorry to hear of the facial scratching. I can only think of whether it is something from the shampoo that washes down from the hair.. and if there's already eczema on the face, may want to check with pediatric dermatologist on non-steroid option. Sometimes even water can sting sensitive skin, so it's hard to know what's causing the discomfort.. hope you'd find some answers soon, take care, hugs.
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Shermarked

by Shermarked on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Re: Washing

Hello. For a 7 year old kid try using TruKid Easy Eczema Therapy Cream. This is realy effective for kids even grownups. Just make sure to use it consistently to be very effective in just a few weeks.

3 posts