7 years with eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
tanzyla379

by tanzyla379 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:29 pm

7 years with eczema

Hi I'm new on here,

I joined to see how other fellow mums are coping with a child with eczema, because I feel at breaking point at times and a problem shared is a problem halved as they say I well I hope by talking about it it may help me and my son,

His seven now and he has had eczema since he was 8 weeks old after he had his first set of immunisation. He has ok days and bad days at the moment he has patches on his legs with I can deal with but his scalp is something that's driving both him and me mad I shave his head in order to moisturise it but he keeps itching it, I feel bad for telling him not to itch when I know he can't help it. White bits fall like snow from his head, he can literally cover an area of space with the bits.

I would appreciate any advise on how to help him in regards to his scalp.

Kind regards
Tanz

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 am

Re: 7 years with eczema

Hi Tanz,

Sorry to hear of the scalp problems... my daughter used to have itchy scalp but seemed to improve after we switched shampoo - she used an anti-fungal shampoo when she had a sudden outbreak of seborrheic dermatitis when she was 5 years old (Nizoral shampoo); after a few months of use (about twice a week), we are using cetaphil now. Seemed to be ok. I must say it's a bit of a mystery though.. my daughter had eczema from 2 weeks but by the time around 2 years old, it's well controlled. But the scalp stayed itchy till only a year or two ago (she's 7 years old now).

Hope things get better soon, hugs,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

amoretterobles

by amoretterobles on Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 am

I have found for my toddler's eczema. He's had it since he was an infant and did not like using a steroid cream every time he had a breakout. Foderma serum has prevented breakouts and has healed the spots he had on his ankles. Love, love, love!

eczemaliving

by eczemaliving on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am

My beautiful baby boy was born a perfectly healthy baby. As a working mother, I had a perfect plan for him: breastfeeding/formula supplementation for 6 months, food introduction at 4-6 months, and then traditional milk and so on, and I stuck to that plan.

Mom quits job and flourishing career to manage son’s severely worsening eczema, keeping him at home full time, attending multiple doctor appointments, getting blood work done on various diseases, cooking allergy friendly foods and changing our lifestyle to a hypoallergenic one — read, read, read, track, track, track, stress, stress, and more stress.

Finally I found enough time, had enough insight into the condition, and knowledge from reading research papers and studies to start sharing my experience. Now I am runing blog with name of (eczemaliving.com) This is blog an outcome of my experience in managing my son’s severe eczema, food allergies, asthma, along awesome allergy free-recipes, latest research and treatment plans that worked for us. I welcome you to join me on my journey and share yours!
Symptoms of Eczema in Babies

Thanks,
Nav
Nav Gosal
Founder and CEO - https://eczemaliving.com/
Twitter: @eczemaliving
Email Contact : eczemaliving@gmail.com

HudsonsMom

by HudsonsMom on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm

HudsonsMom's AvatarHudsonsMom , August 17th, 2017 11:43 AM
Re: Moms to babies with eczema
My son was about 6 months when he showed signs of eczema. It got pretty bad and I was very hopeless after my doctor told me it was normal and not good related. After months of sleepless nights for both of us and bloody wrists and behind his knees I decided enough was enough. I researched and landed on a YouTube channel that cured my boy almost completely. We both sleep much better and his skin is soft and clear. The initial relief we discovered was using topical things...Butt Paste mixed with Triple Antibiotic ointment and Benadryl extra strength ointment. Works wonders for almost instant relief and clears the redness overnight. The final thing which seemed to cure him was...<drumroll please>...Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar from Braggs. Safe for all. Mix 1tsp. for every 8oz bottle with Apple juice and water. Taste to make sure it's not too strong. Add water or juice if so. Do this 3x a day. I also would put a 1/4 cup of it into his baby tub and let him soak for about ten minutes and don't rinse off just towel dry. Apply ointments. And also if feet are an issue apply super thick amounts and then place socks on. We had him in socks 24/7. Also long comfy lounge pants work best and make sure everything even blankets are 100% cotton. Also we tried just washing his clothes in plain hot water with no soap. Everything matters. We also omitted dairy and didn't let him drink tons during meals as this can disrupt the good acids in the stomach. Good luck and email me if this helped. I would like to know. Bridgette.colangelo@gmail.com ;)

5 posts