Simple routine but it has worked for me!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
Claire48

by Claire48 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:51 am

Simple routine but it has worked for me!

Hi, I'm Claire and I have suffered with Atopic Eczema since I was 10 months old.

I wont bore you with a life time of creams, lotions and potions but I have probably experienced them all. The most effective daily routine for me is to drink copious amounts of water and use lotion that sinks into the skin.

Greasy ointments and creams that sit on top of the skin, drive me mad and will make me itch - so personally, I stay away from those. I accept we are all different and different creams will suit different skins, so on that front, its trial and error.

People compliment me on my skin now; its clear and its soft and now you wouldn't think I suffered with chronic eczema.

I will never be cured; so from time to time, I will have a small flare up but that's probably down to me being a bit complacent and not drinking enough water or not moisturizing efficiently - in the winter I step it up a little bit more because of all the central heating and dry atmosphere.

This simple routine has really worked for me - I really hope that by sharing this post, it will help lots of sufferers.

Best wishes to you all and take care.

johnsimon

by johnsimon on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Re: Simple routine but it has worked for me!

Wow! That's a really nice piece. Thanks so much.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: URL Advertisement removed

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:38 am

Great information.Really very helpful.
Thanks.

Rosiecont

by Rosiecont on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:45 pm

When you are bathing, add a little vinegar, oatmeal, salt, bleach or baking soda to the water, This will naturally relieves the special symptoms of atopic eczema.

sun_flower

by sun_flower on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am

Thanks for sharing these tips, Claire!

Had it flare up in my late 20s on legs, arms and waist. Was prescribed Betnovate steroid cream, Aqueous Cream and some very expensive shower stuff by the GP. Was also told not to use bio washing powder, use basic unperfumed soap. And yes, it helped.

Twice that proper hydration also helps. Try to drink your daily amount of water at least since it's been proven - https://nationaleczema.org/eczema/cause ... of-eczema/ - that dehydrated skin is more vulnerable to eczema flare ups. Also, it's better to use moisturizing lotions right after shower.
Try not to bath in hot water.
And use a humidifier at home if the air is too dry.

Yet yes, you can't get rid of eczema completely, you can only make it better, since that's a chronic condition. Changing job reduced my stress levels and doing the above means that it has disappeared, and only very occasionally reappears and then only in very small areas.
-- Mary, writer at air quality blog

5 posts