My child’s eczema has come back age 11

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
Paulapip

by Paulapip on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 am

My child’s eczema has come back age 11

It’s 3am and for the last 8 weeks i’ve been up at this hour, smothering my 11 year old in Diprobase cream for the 3 time during the night.
We’ve had a long running eczema journey, which started from when he was 6 month old, to when he was 4 and eczema free from the fabulous help of Great Ormond street hospital.
We’ve come a long ways since and been maintaining his condition. But for the last year it’s been coming back, to the point of the last 8 weeks it’s gone back to when he was 2, and he’s now scratching out his hair! We’ve even had to visit A&E. No one knows if it’s stress of lockdown, hormones, the vile hot weathers or a food or allergy trigger. We are once again waiting on a hospital referral to the dermatology dept, but for some reason they are always reluctant to give my son a allergy test! Has anyone else experience this?
It’s now got to the stage where it’s affecting my mental health, and i’m in contact with Healthy minds. I’m a single parents who works full time, I just wanted to talk to others who are in the same awful situation :cry:

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Re: My child’s eczema has come back age 11

Hi Paulapip,

Sorry to hear of your son's long eczema journey and the stress that it is causing you both.

You may want to try contacting one of our client's 'Chuckling Goat', who have helped many many people of all ages with their eczema. They help by tackling the problem from the inside out rather than just topically. Please find a link to the site below. They have nutritionists on hand when you go on the site to answer any questions you may have. A very helpful place to go when you are at your wits end.

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... ng/eczema/

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 pm

Think about why the eczema came back. There was a catalyst for the return of the skin issue. There is something you did or didnt do. You could try a skin cream that helped me. Dermol cream. There are over the counter creams for the skin issue, although i think it came back because its bacteria that reformed and came back on the skin. I said you could try creams but i think its best to ask the doctor to issue antibiotics. Always consult the doctor.

amw189596

by amw189596 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Hey, I’m sorry that you’re going through this. I’ve tried Era Organics Super Balm. It’s all natural ingredients. You can find it on Amazon. My daughter’s eczema was really bad until I found this product. Before I found it her skin was inflamed with dry patches all over her body. All she would do is try to scratch all day. Now her skin looks clear. I never thought I would see the day. She still scratches sometimes, but it’s nowhere near as much as she used to. She can finally focus on playing with her toys instead.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:53 pm

I second both amw189596 and Prycejosh1987 posts.

My brother had eczema as a child. We had to slather him in E45 cream and other creams. As far as I'm aware the ezema never came back: but I don't know that for sure.

Anyhow, you've been given great advice on here. And I am sorry about your son. Something - obviously - has triggered his skin condition to re-emerge. Perhaps you could think of what has changed in his routine? Just a thought.

5 posts