Flare up - why why why?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

14 posts
Sammyhutch

by Sammyhutch on Sat May 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Flare up - why why why?

Hi everyone. I cant believe so many parents are going through the same eczema nightmare as me and my partner are.our daughter is 15months old .she has astma,hayfever and eczema. One minute she is all clear , the next red and sore. The worst is on her scalp. The eczema on her body moves around to different places.no cream,oil,or steriod treatment works for longer than a week. We all as a family suffer with astma, hayfever etc. But my baby girl is the worst, i really need help on how to stop her getting stressed. She claws her skin and pulls her hair out. She has even been on antibotitics because of the bleeding on her head. Any tips would be so helpful.cheers

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Oh dear, sorry to hear about the hair pulling. My kid kept scratching her scalp too - even when her skin is ok, the scalp seems to be always itchy. I cut very short hair for her, and the worst was when we used organic shampoo. Now I mostly use physiogel plus shampoo or an anti-fungal one once a week...

did wet wrap help? Any suggestion from your doctor?

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

mumstheword1

by mumstheword1 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi, im sorry to hear youyre going through this, my son was the same. Does he wear school uniform? I did some research and the chemicals used in clothing can be very irritating to sensitive skin, we discovered Eco Outfitters who produce organic cotton school uniform and its really helped my boy. They spend many hours a day in their uniform so it makes sense that these things might have an effect.
We did also find certain things he ate would cause flare ups, we took him for scratch tests to see what he was sensitive to....milk and wheat both came up.
Good luck and best wishes.

jamielee

by jamielee on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:10 am

We moved around a bit and humid regions are the worst... could be extra mold/dust mites, or just the humidity itself triggering flareups.

14 posts