My 10 Month Old Has Eczema On Her Face

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

7 posts
sydni'smom

by sydni'smom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 am

My 10 Month Old Has Eczema On Her Face

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kimberly and my daughter just turned 10 months old and her eczema had flared up again on her face. Her Pediatric Allergist prescribed hydrocortisone and Zyrtec at night. We have been faithfully doing this as well as using CeraVe daily. She also scratches her face at night and it saddens me to see my baby girl's face look this way.

I am new to this website and forum, however, I have been doing a lot of reading and the one thing that keeps coming up is the wetwrap. Exactly what is the wetwrap, where can you purchase it, is it for the entire body or can or be used on the face as well?

I am desperate for a cure for her face so any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kimberly

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 am

Re: My 10 Month Old Has Eczema On Her Face

Hi Kimberly,

Wet wrap brands that I know of is Tubifast, so you can google that.

It's simply a moist bandage wrapped over a moisturized part of the body, with a second layer (dry) to keep it in place. It can be for the face, I've seen demo of a bandage wrap over the entire head, and then cut holes for eyes/ nose/mouth. Extract below an extract of interview I had with the wet wrap co:

Marcie Mom: For wet wrapping, it is stated on your website to wear one damp layer of Tubifast, over the moisturizer, followed by another dry layer. This sounds really warm to me, yet I understand that the damp layer can cool and soothe the skin. How does this work? And how long can the child’s skin be kept cool?

Mölnlycke Health Care: Wet wrapping helps to keep skin hydrated and moist, hence reduces inflammation. It also helps to ease the itch and scratch cycle for ezema patients by giving a cooling sensation to the skin that prevents children from further scratching and causing potential injury. You can constantly keep the damp layer moist by spraying water every few hours (depending on the environment / temperature especially in the air-condition room).

Thanks!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

sydni'smom

by sydni'smom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

@Mei - Thank you so much for your response. I truly appreciate you explaining the wet wrap. I will Google it and order it for my daughter.

Also, what type of moisturizer do you use? I use CeraVe but I wonder if there is something better I could be using?

Thanks,
Kimberly

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 am

Hi!

I use Physiogel AI cream, Physiogel lotion and QV cream :)

Try to chlorhexidine? kills the staph bacteria :)

Cheers,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Pghmama117

by Pghmama117 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:19 pm

If you are looking for a good moisturizer that is really kid-friendly, check out TruKid products. They have been a lifesaver in this house. We use their Friendly Face Wash daily for my 2 VERY eczema prone girls, and when they have a flare up we use the Easy Eczema Cream or the trukid face/body lotion. All their products go through extensive allergen/eczema testing and use natural ingredients, and they are even accepted by the NEA.

I hope this helps a little bit! Hang in there!

Shermarked

by Shermarked on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:40 pm

I also tried Trukid products and it's pretty effective. I use the truKid easy eczema wipes to cleanse the itchy dry skin.

EnzoManzo

by EnzoManzo on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 am

Recently My doctor prescribed me some medicine for my daughter for her eczema but it was burning her so i wanted to try something more natural. She loves foderma serum and it works so great! Every night at bedtime she says lotion please (she's almost two) it makes her legs feel better and gets rid of the patches without the steroid! Happy momma!

7 posts