My 2 Year Old's Got BAD Eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

8 posts
jenrusson

by jenrusson on Sun May 09, 2010 4:45 pm

My 2 Year Old's Got BAD Eczema

Hi everyone, im new to this website! I have a 2 and a half year old boy, and hes constantly got eczema. Ive take him to the doctors so many times, and the last time they had given him a steroid cream, which helped, but i was only allowed to put it on for 2 weeks and now its all come back! He has eczema all over his tummy, creases of his arms and legs and they look red raw. Hes also been given another cream in a HUGE tub, and i have to apply that 3 or 4 times a day. I was hoping someone had any idea of any natural rememdies that i could use? I am taking him back to the doctors but nothing seems to work :( i dont want him going to nursery next september with eczema all over him :(

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun May 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: My 2 year olds got BAD eczema

Hi

We have been told we have to find a level of steroids to give periods of control. Eczema does not go away it is a case of using creams and dressings to control it. Have you tried wet wraps which are very helpful. If a mild steroid clears the skin but eczema comes back within 2 days it is better to use a stronger one that may give clear skin for 4/5 days??? Well that is the principles we have been tought. I was against steroids but found no other option. We are now faced with the stress of immune supressing creams which are the next level up from steroids which come with issues. It is a juggle of risk v's benefit.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Jentle

by Jentle on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi there,

I would definitely recommend using a probiotic supplement for your child. Since eczema seems to be related to a sensitive immune system, strengthening their immune defenses through a good supplement can really help to prevent eczema, and reduce the number of flare ups. You can get it in powder form especially for infants which you can sprinkle on their food or mix it in with formula or liquid :)
For a great resource on toddler eczema - including tips, treatments, causes and more - please visit my blog: Eczema In Babies

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Try mixing emolient oil in his water bath. Also use a mild lotion or moisturizer to retain skin's moisture. Avoid foods that could trigger the eczema attack.
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

white

by white on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi have you tries a company called gentle green,they make an amazing cream called ezc-tend that has really helped me and others that i know,they are one of the few using truly chemical free ingredients without any irritants or hidden nasties.....be ware of any cream containing sls,perfumes,any synthetic preservative..There is useful info about what to avoid at www.ezcemaclothing.com , also at www.gentlegreen.co.uk.Good luck.x

alesha83

by alesha83 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:25 am

Re: My 2 Year Old's Got BAD Eczema

Have you tried using Emu Oil???

Emu oil has been shown to be effective for all types of skin rashes and eczema such as atopic eczema, allergic contact eczema, irritant contact eczema, infantile seborrhoeic eczema, adult seborrhoeic eczema, varicose eczema, and discoid eczema.

Emu oil is anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, non irritating and great for sensitive skin.
Its natural and it really works!!!

Try - www.emuseproducts.com

Safari

by Safari on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Hiya, new to this so apologies if I get it wrong! My 1 year old got eczema and I found that it was her cradle cap shampoo causing it... i reduced her dairy for a bit and also began using Weleda Calendula lotion after her bath and nappy cream too..I also found a fab cream called Allergentics (which is natural) which seems to help keep her skin moisturised. Its horrid watching such a little with eczema... i do hope you find some support with it...

longterm

by longterm on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 am

Hi im longterm can i just say that im also new to this site im not a mecic but just 52 year suffering with atopic excema

ive tried most treatments and i believe the way forward for my condition is natural remedies
but can i say another belief is that what could work for me may not necessarily work in your case

my brother works and lives in Malaysia hes sent me some soap its known as MOOR it can be used on all skin types

moor soap
i water so that the soap can lather im using on hands rub into hands like when wasing hands leave on for a couple of minutes TO SOAK IN wash off with water dry with clean towel

ive got it through my brother dont know whether you can obtain it in the UK

PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT CONSULT THE PROFESSIONALS
also ill let you know what it does for me also feel FREE to read my log on excema treatments i also started using a natural moisteriser ill also let you know about how i get on
PS i only want to help LONGTERM

8 posts