cant help my son

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
McCutcheon91

by McCutcheon91 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 pm

cant help my son

My son is 6 month. He has had very bad eczema since he was 2 months. I have been in and out the doctors for months and they keep trying different creams and moisturizers. 3 weeks ago they told me they were referring him to the dermatologist and I'm still waiting on a letter with an appointment date. My sons skin is so bad that it weeps all day and gets fleshy. He's in pain and won't stop scratching. I have had to keep his hands covered most of the time as he is scarring his body. To start with doctors treated him for impetigo which he didn't have. I am at my wits end as he dosnt sleep during the day due to pain and only sleeps at night because he is knackered.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:04 am

Re: cant help my son

So so sorry to hear. It is a very difficult time to stop the scratching at that age. Have to push for an appointment with dermatologist to see doctor, esp for allergy testing. Meanwhile, may gradually switch to less milk in the diet since that's one of the common food allergy. Eggs also.
Moisturize, wet wrap treatment at night to limit the scratching.
My daughter has got impetigo before, largely from scratching and spreading the bacteria. After that episode, we use a few times/week a chlorhexidine-based shower lotion to kill staph bacteria which worsens skin inflammation/redness and makes the skin hard to heal.

More on my blog, but have to figure out trigger soon and may have to have some medicated cream (as much as we don't like steroids) to stop the inflammation quickly before the scratching creates too much damage..

Take care, and take care of yourself and your spouse too, it's a trying time for the whole family,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts