Help..

If you have questions about living with and managing eczema and dermatitis, please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
robomd85

by robomd85 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Help..

Hi,

I had some mild eczema a few months ago was fairly persistant and never fully went away, but wasn't really a bother to me. However I am currenlty in Romania on assignment and since being here find i have several scaly round patches over my lower legs, back of my knees, elbows, wrists and hands, and they seem to be getting much much worse.

They are really irritating and occasionally ooze especially after I apply any ointment or cream.

I am not sur eif the water here or heat has caused this escalation in what I thought was eczema, but i was hoping you could give any advice guidance, especially as I am not in the UK at present it is very difficult to see a doctor.

Thanks you

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

Re: Help..

Hi

sounds like discoid eczema. You will need a very greasy moisturizer (for example epaderm ointment or hydromol ointment or emulsifying ointment) to apply frequently and to wash with it instead of soap. You will probably also need moderately potent steroid ointment, you may need to try to find a doctor to obtain it.

I hope this is helpful.
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts