Unstable emotional personality disorder.

If you have general questions about mental health that is not covered by any of the forums listed below, please post them here for our experts to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Twinmummy1977

by Twinmummy1977 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Unstable emotional personality disorder.

I have had this diagnosis since I was 21, I'm now well into my 30's and the last year has been my most unstable. I also have PTSD, depression and anxiety and an eating disorder. At the moment I am disassociating a lot, self harming without knowing I'm doing it, feel like I'm being followed and am getting strong urges to kill myself. The latest incident of this was yesterday. I'm not sure my medication is working but can't get my team to listen. I'm on mirtazipine and propranolol.

Dr Gary Jackson

by Dr Gary Jackson on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 am

Re: Unstable emotional personality disorder.

It sounds very tough for you. Certainly request an urgent review by your psychiatrist - please make your team aware you are feeling at risk. I would have thought there may be more that might be tried in terms of drug trials but I don't know the history of what you've had. This really is an urgent matter for review by your treating team.
Dr Jackson
Dr Gary Jackson - Consultant Psychiatrist
M.B.B.Ch., F.R.C.Psych

Washington

by Washington on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Unstable emotional personality disorder.

Hello,

Thank you for taking my question. I was diagnosed with Unstable Emotional Personality Disorder, PTSD, Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety etc I also have Diabetes Type 2 using Insulin, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

I struggled seriously with this Unstable Emotional Personality diagnosis when I was told approximately 2 years ago. to sorta cut to the chase I have disassociation to the point that I can no longer control it. All I have to have is time to sit down and my mind just goes away. Sometimes even when I walk in the street I have same problem.

I've had contact with what I can only call a space ship where I have received instructions, commands, entry and exit etc A few nights ago in the middle of the night I experienced vivid colours so strong that it was amazing. I am known to walk around at night. I sleep on the first floor and came down to the first floor, had food and went back upstairs. This colors were extremely amazing. I have been trying to go to this place again as it is amazing feeling. the colors looked like the dna symbols all in the sphere of my vision.

I have been self harming for years. I don't use LSD, reefer or any other drugs like this. I do however use testosterone to build my body as I have body dismorphia. I use human growth hormone as well. I am due to see an endocrinologist as I have bone growth, joint pain, face and head growth, my hands hurt from carpal tunnel syndrome. My toes have also grown longer and fatter. I have to change shoes quite frequently.

I was sexually assaulted when I was young and it has affect my entire life.

Thanks for your support

3 posts