What I used

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Travac123

by Travac123 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 pm

What I used

Hi,

I have had eczema for several years on my legs, both of them. I tried what the doctor prescribed and it did nothing. My father had eczema about 20 years ago but his went away. I remembered that my mother gave him a cream to use that had cucumber in it. I have been searching for the same cream but can not seem to find it. So what I ended up trying was getting a cucumber and cut it into disc about 1/4 inch thick and wrap plastic wrap around my leg on top of the eczema to hold the cucumber in place. I did this for about 3 weeks straight on one area for 8 hours and even over night as I slept. That spot has been free of eczema for a year and a half so I tried it in another spot and it seems to help a lot. For me I think cucumber could be an effective treatment for eczema, I have one spot left and want to see if a cucumber moisturizer will clear this up. Does anyone know of any? I have eczema for about 7 years in total.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

Re: What I used

Thanks for sharing and it's interesting that cucumber helps! I was thinking whether it is the cucumber per se, or the increased moisturization from keeping the cucumber in contact with skin? Maybe wet wrap will work too? Dry wrap worked for my daughter, i.e. bandage over moisturizer for whole night, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

jamesleigh18

by jamesleigh18 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Re: What I used

That's so interesting--cucumber, who knew! I want to try it out of curiosity...though I also wanted to share what's been working wonders for me, and also, better than what I was prescribed. I use Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream and it's really gotten rid of my worst patches.

3 posts