WILL kinetico water softener cure My eczema Lets SEE?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

31 posts
Sally

by Sally on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: WILL kinetico water softener cure My eczema Lets SEE?

Hi,

I agree with everything that has already been mentioned but would just add that when the softener was fitted they should have offered you an additional tap as you most definetly should not drink the water. If they did not offer you this then you should get in touch with them and and ask.

I am intrigued with whether it will work and so will be following your posts, thank you for letting us all know how you are getting on.

Sally

madnad

by madnad on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Sally

I am very glad you told me as the engineer told me it was safe to drink but we But we decided against it. I am about to email Kenitico and let them know.

UPDATE TIME:

Firstly my apologies for not updating earlier, as I have been a little busy due to the summer holidays.

So far I have seen no change in the eczema condition. Eczema is the same as before.

The water softerner is having no effect.

Although the skin feels smother, and I don’t have to use as much creams as before this is a bonus.

I would be interested to hear from other people to see if any improvements has been with their eczema. As I think it would vary from person to person.

Also I would like to point out that I might not be seeing the full effects as we keep switching the softener off during the day, so we have drinking water, and back on in the night for the morning shower. This is the only time the softener is getting used. (and sometimes I forget to switch it on at night)

So overall I cannot provide full results or effects of this.

The only way I can overcome this is by adding another pipe for the main water, which I don’t want to do, as this is only a trial.

So far disappointed, in kenetico for not providing the right advice.

But we decided against it. I am about to email Kenitico and let them know.

UPDATE TIME:

Firstly my apologies for not updating earlier, as I have been away on business.

So far I have seen no change in the eczema condition. Eczema is the same as before.

The water is having no effect.

Although the skin feels smother, and I don’t have to use as much creams as before this is a bonus.

I would be interested to hear from other people to see if any improvements has been with there eczema. As I think it would vary from person to person.

Also I would like to point out that I might not be seeing the full effects as we keep switching the softener off during the day, so we have drinking water, and back on in the night for the morning shower. This is the only time the softener is getting used. (and sometimes I forget to switch it on at night)

So overall I cannot provide full results or effects of this.

The only way I can overcome this is by adding another pipe for the main water, which I don’t want to do, as this is only a trial.

So far disappointed, in kenetico for not providing the right advice.

So people I have to say at this moment in time 1 month into the trial I would NOT RECOMMEND KENETICO.

Still 2 months to go.

Still 2 months to go.

Heidijo

by Heidijo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

you are most likely right about getting the full effects or not by switching on and off as is the washing machine then getting softened water and this might help with results !!!!!

madnad

by madnad on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:18 pm

WE HAVE NOW PERMANITLY TURNED OFF THE WATER SOFTENER.

WHY:

1) AFTER WHAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING ON THIS FOURM AND MY OWN RESEARCH THE WATER IS NOT DRINKABLE AS I WAS TOLD BY THE ENGINEER IT WAS.

2) WHEN THE SOFTER WAS TURNED ON, AFTER EVERY SHOWER MY SKIN AND THE KIDS WERE ALWAYS ICHING ALOT MORE THEN BEFORE

3) SINCE WE HAVE TURNED THE SOFTENER OFF, THE SKIN IS NOT ITCHY. I CAN ONLY ASSUME THE SALT IS COUSING A REACTION.

OUR SKIN SEEMS TO BE HAPPIER WITHOUT THE SOFTNER.

I HAVE ALSO REQUESTED KENETICO TO REMOVE THE SOFTNER, WAITING FOR THE MANAGMENT TO REPLY.

SO WOULD STILL LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHER PEOPLE HOW THE SOFTER WILL WORK FOR THEM.

I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE UNTIL THE SOFTNER IS REMOVED.

BIT SAD THAT THIS DID NOT WORK, BUT ALSO WAS NOT PROVIDED WITH THE RIGHT INFORMATION. :(

UNTIL NEXT TIME PPL....

yorkie2703

by yorkie2703 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi - Update on our Trial
Like Madnad said I was also told by the engineer that it was safe to drink.
I did tell the engineer that I had read people tuning them on and off due to not liking the drinking water. He did advise me that by doing this it dilutes – So in my house I have a tank in my loft so it would take 3 days for the system to have the new water softened water so by turning it on and off it effects the results.

I do agree it does taste strange- But I put it in my Brita filter and put in the fridge to keep cold.

We got it fitted Friday 12th August – The engineer said it would take about 3 days for us to get the full benefit.

So for the first time in ages on Monday 15th I gave her a Bath – Instead of a quick in and out shower (Before she would scream the house down if I gave her a bath) – Like before she did go blotchy like before but she didn’t complain and ripe her skin apart in the bath if anything she enjoyed it – this could be because it’s been over 6 months since I had bathed her. When I took her out she wasn’t as red but when I put her in the bath her skin wasn’t too bad so can’t really say.

Thursday 18th – shower not good, once I put her into the shower her skin went really red and hidey looking – But been out playing all day also Sun Cream on so unsure? He skin does feel smother and drying seems easier.

Monday 15th- Thursday 18th – General Hand washing and Face – Her hands have been very sore. Been using steroid cream to try and get her hands under control. Been really hard as for the last few months she has resorted to sucking her thumbs arrhh.

At the moment – Unsure as many different element could contribute but at least she is happy to be bathed without the screaming. This could also be her restricted Food Diet.

Been on Holiday Friday 19th – Monday 29th Aug

1st Thursday September
Her hands our still sore and inflamed I haven’t managed to get them under control yet – But she keeps her thumb in her mouth all the time.
I will be bathing her tonight – so will be taking before and after pictures as I find it helps better than just writing notes. She has been a little up and down with her skin while being away. I will be keeping a better log now back home

So Far I can’t say if the Water softener is having any effect – I will keep you posted on journey with it.

Fiona

yorkie2703

by yorkie2703 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi
Not much to report really.

My daughter skin has having flare ups but I think most is to do with the weather change. Regards the Water Softner I am still unsure.

I can now shower or bath her now without too much fuss. She still reacts but not like before. He skin feels softer not as scaley feeling. I have noticed Drying her skin after a bath/ shower is better,
So still unsure???
Fiona

mookie41

by mookie41 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Kinetico water softner for eczema

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, not quite sure what to say but I was lucky enough to be one of the 50 chosen to trial the Kinetico water softner to see if it helped my eczema.

It's only been installed for a week so early days but have noticed a little improvement on my eczema already. Everything feels much softer.

Well I will continue to blog about it whenever I can but as I said not too much to report yet!

Signing off for now.

Mookie. :)

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am

Thank you for all your comments and observations regarding participation in the Kinetico Water Softener Trial.

I have made direct contact with Kinetico to raise some of the issues you have been discussing as, at talkhealth, we are unable to directly respond to these issues. A representative from Kinetico will be in the forum this week to answer your questions and queries.

In the meantime, we look forward to continuing to read your feedback about your participation in the trial.

Kind regards
Deborah Mason
talkhealth Founder
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

yorkie2703

by yorkie2703 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi
Just a little update.

I don't want to get my hopes up but the last few weeks I have been able to bath my daughter without any reaction to the water.

We have done many changes to her diet/creaming etc that it could just be down to that.
Her skin feels so much more softer and I don't need to put as much cream on after a shower or bath. I find the cream goes on nicely after a bath.
Will keep you posted

fiona

nathan1000000

by nathan1000000 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Talk Eczema bloggers

Nathan from Kinetico here, I thought I would pop on the blog today, purely due to curiosity and noticed that a few comments are showing concern regarding drinking softened water.

I hope you don’t mind me intruding?

I thought I might be able to help ease your minds on this subject; the answers to drinking soft water are quite hard to come by so I hope I can help.

I think it is important to reassure you all that soft water is perfectly safe to drink, there is a very very tiny trace of sodium within softened water, and I guess the best way to put this into context is a glass of milk or a slice of bread contains higher sodium levels.

It is also quite natural to find that softened water tastes a little different to hard water, the taste becomes altered, as the water softening process removes minerals such as magnesium and calcium, it is these that gives hard water a distinctive taste when drinking it.

I hope this has helped clear up a few questions, and guys please remember if you need any advice or you have questions that need answering just give us a call or email on the below

info@kinetico.co.uk
0800 0151 380

:D :D :) :) ;) ;)

31 posts